Andie
Goniwiecha
WRT
150
Prof.
Rinke
3/20/13
Redesign Project Reflection
Going
into this assignment, I was a little bit afraid of the 5-7 page requirement.
However, after I read the guidelines and realized that there was a lot of
material to cover in this paper I felt better. I was also excited about being
able to be creative with this assignment when redesigning the advertisement. I
was able to go into detail about what I had in mind for the new advertisement.
I realized that it actually wasn’t impossible to write a five-paged paper, and
I felt more confident in my abilities after this assignment was completed.
I wanted to choose an advertisement that had a clear
audience in mind, so that it would be easier to choose a new completely
different audience. I also wanted to choose an advertisement that could easily
be changed, that is nothing too simple or too complicated. Finding an
advertisement about something that I have experience with and actually enjoy
was helpful too when analyzing it in the first part of the paper.
When coming up with the idea for the redesign, I took
into consideration the distinct parts of the advertisement that made it clear
who the original audience was. Once I figured those out, I could then change
them to appeal towards my new audience. I did not sketch my new design out on
paper, I just thought of it in my head and went with it. That way, I had a
train of free-flowing ideas coming and going for me to choose for my paper.
One challenge I faced as I began this essay was how to
organize it. Since there was a lot of material to cover, it was important for
this paper to be organized and logical. In order to do this, I made an outline
of the main ideas I would cover in the paper and put them into the order that
made the most sense. I then used that as a guide for writing my rough draft.
I really enjoyed the freedom and creativity
of this assignment. It gave us a chance to use our imaginations and pick
something we really enjoy to write about. For me personally, writing a 5-7 page
paper about something I am interested in is a lot easier than writing about
something that is predetermined by a teacher. So having this freedom made the
writing process a lot easier and more enjoyable.
The concepts I got out of this paper the most were the
rhetorical appeals – ethos pathos and logos. I did not understand them that
well before this assignment, but now that I’ve finished it I feel that I fully
understand them, and how to spot and analyze them in an advertisement. I also
learned that really long papers aren’t that scary if you have them
well-organized and well-planned out before starting them.
If I had a second
chance to write this paper again, I would have started off trying to avoid
using the first person because I forgot to do that at first and I had to go
through my whole paper and change it. There is not much else I would change
about this paper, I feel that I did a pretty good job on this assignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment